VideoLAN - VLC 1.0.0 has officially been released

July 09, 2009
VideoLAN Media PlayerVLC media player - A universal media player which plays video and audio files of any known format has reached the version 1.0 milestone. I especially have a liking for this media player because it is available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, BeOS and BSDs. And, in my experience, I never ever had to hunt for media codecs once I installed VLC on my machine. Heck, it even plays Flash (.flv) video files.

VLC 1.0.0 comes with a whole lot of new features namely :
  • Live recording
  • Instant pausing and frame-by-frame support
  • Finer speed controls
  • New HD codecs (AES3, Dolby Digital Plus, TrueHD, Blu-Ray Linear PCM, Real Video 3.0 and 4.0, ...)
  • Video scaling in full screen
  • AirTunes streaming and much more....
For a full list of features in VLC media player version 1.0.0 and how it fares with its competition, check out the features page.

Download videolan VLC 1.0.0